Thursday, August 8, 2013

Whistle While You Wait

So, maybe you are many months into your adoption wait, and you feel like you may vomit if you check your email one more time today only to find that Sephora has a new lip gloss. I love me some Sephora, but that was so not the update I was hoping to find in my inbox! You may find it hard to even look at the little face/faces you are pining for, because the ache is just too much at the moment. Your paperwork has been chased and delivered, your home has been studied, you've proven yourself to not be a criminal. Your adopting friends are having their "gotcha day" moments left and right and here you are, still waiting. Nothing left to do but wait. Sucks, doesn't it? Totally. I get it. I am right there with you! So, I got myself a little 5,000 pound distraction. Our family needs some joy and needs to make some happy memories together! So, we finally found our vintage camper and we are ready to start this project together! This is an idea 12 years or so in the making! Marshmallows will roast, my friends! Oh yes! We already have our Labor Day camping spot booked with friends! (Thanks, E!)  You are welcome to follow along with us as we fix up old Twinkie. That's her name, Twinkie. Why is her name Twinkie? Because she is shaped like a Twinkie, she's from 1978, and I do not eat Twinkies. I had to explain to my 7 year old what a Twinkie is, and I haven't decided if that makes me sad, or incredibly proud. Makes sense, doesn't it? Go with it, man.
If you are making yourself and maybe your family a little nuts with this process, I encourage you to find a project. It doesn't have to be a 5,000 pound camper, it could be anything. Just something you and your family can do together and get excited about. A new flower bed. An art project. Whatever. Just try and take some time to whistle while you wait.
 
Love ya, mean it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. your positive attitude in all of this crazy waiting is refreshing and makes me smile and *try* to be more positive too:)! XO!

    ReplyDelete