Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Leibster Award!


 

    "It's A Major Award!"      
 
Hey friends! My buddy Kati over at      http://nostretchmarksrequired.com/ nominated me for this fun blogger's award, the Leibster award! Thanks, Kati! This is fun stuff.   

So, what is a Leibster Award? This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word. If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow…

 

Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves. Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked. The blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate. Bloggers must be notified of their award. No tag backs. So here we go…

 

11 Things About Me

1.      I was a teen mom that decided to keep her child and  raise him with his teen Dad. That was over 13 years ago and he is still my husband and my very best friend. He has been my rock, and ya’ll I have NEEDED a rock. More like a boulder. I don’t advocate teen pregnancy, but I do advocate hope, and that you have to be your own cheerleader sometimes when the world tells you that you WILL fail. Prove them wrong.

2.      Advocating is kinda my thing so I annoy and exhaust a lot of people. Inadvertently I am raising two little advocates. My son is a major defender of people with differences and he volunteers with Special Olympics. My daughter pretty much tells every person on the planet that we are adopting and that so many kids need homes! She also wants us to give more money to the ASPCA. Thanks, Sarah McLachlan.

3.      People tell me I am funny. I should do stand up, be on TV, be a writer, etc. But I’m not really that funny, see. I just have a super animated face so I could pretty much read my lab manual and have people rolling on the floor. It’s the face, really.

 
4.      I love to cook, and almost never cook the same thing twice even if it’s really good. My son has an almost photographic memory and never forgets ANYTHING. EVER. So often at my house you hear this…“Hey Mom. Can you make that Thai chicken stuff you made on Thursday, January 16th, when I was 2? It was raining, remember? Can you make that? What?! How can you not remember that?!” Tonight I made a curried chicken soup with rice. Sound good? Too bad, I‘ll never make it again.

5.      I love dogs like my husband loves cars. Where he can see a car and know that it is a 1967 Chevy Camaro (is that a car?) I can see a mutt and tell you if it’s a Dogue De Bordeaux or a Brussels Griffon.

6.      I have an incredibly hard time buying anything for myself that isn’t edible. Oh my God... I just figured out why I can’t lose weight! I love to shop for other people though! Especially kids. Especially my kids. I bought a rocking giraffe today for a baby I haven’t met yet. It made me super happy. J

7.      I really have to come up with 11 things? Ok. I love horses. I want to know how to care for, and ride them effectively. It’s a piece of my soul that I need to fill in.

8.      I can’t swim.

9.      Fall is my favorite season. “I love the smell of scotch tape.” “…bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils…” I thought I was the only one until I watched You’ve Got Mail. I miss Nora Ephron. L

10.   I quote lines from movies almost daily and my equally nerdy husband is usually the only one that gets it. My son does this too. The difference being that mine are typically in context. ;)

11.   I recently decided to become a physical therapy assistant. I want to work with children and my dream is to one day work in disaster relief and humanitarian aid. I want to help people in a real, hands on way in the name of Jesus. It’s His love that fuels mine, after all.

 

Kati’s Questions

1.) What is your biggest pet peeve? Most recently, parking lot ninjas! You know those people that see that obviously you are waiting for a parking spot and then just whip in there all ninja style while you sit there stunned with your jaw open like, “Nu-uh. They did NOT!” Yeah, that sucks. No wait, people that walk out of a public restroom stall and skip washing their hands. They are what is wrong with the world. Ever get Norovirus? Thank those people!

 2.) If you were invisible, what would you do? Girl, you don’t even wanna know. Ok, I suppose I would follow people around and listen to what they say about me after they leave my house. “She should probably sweep that floor!” “Is she seriously doing this adoption thing?”

3.) What is your least favorite food? That’s tough for me! I like food! I think pickled beets are pretty grody.

 4.) If you could meet anyone who ever lived, who would it be and why? I’m going to take the easy route and say Jesus. No, really! I mean, seriously.

 5.) What is your “desert island” list of books? This question makes me sad as I have not read a book for pleasure in years. I’m in textbook purgatory. I read them daily and feel somewhere between heaven and hell depending on the hours I’ve put in that day. I’ll go with my childhood favorites and that is anything by Shel Silverstein. The Giving Tree is a must have on any child’s book shelf.

 6.) Please share one embarrassing moment from your childhood/teenage years. Boobs. They came early. I had a friend’s brother comment on them while we were all brushing our teeth in the bathroom before a sleep over. “Dang. You’ve got some big boobs for your age. You might wanna get a bra!” Yep.

7.) If you could have one super power, what would it be? Telepathy.
8.) Where is the most excting place you have ever traveled? New York City for the Macy’s Parade! A childhood dream that I got to share with my children! See!

 
No really they had fun, I promise!
 
9.) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? You’re kidding, right? I’d fly in over to Africa and scoop up my baby!

 10.) Do you have a hidden or unusual talent? Telepathy. Kidding. I can play my nose. Impressed?

 11.) What is the best gift anyone ever gave you? The Christmas after we lost our home and everything we had in a fire, my husband made a photo book containing copies of photos recovered from the fire. They were tarnished and torn and absolutely my most favorite thing ever. My photos and kid’s artwork are still the only possessions that I miss.

 

My Questions

1.      Are you working your dream job?

2.      What is your favorite holiday or other tradition that you implement with your children?

3.      Do you have a recipe you are “famous” for?

4.      Are you crafty, and if so what is your medium?

5.      What book do you recommend I read when I get a life and some free time?

6.      What is your all-time favorite movie?

7.      Are you an animal person?

8.      What is one thing your readers may be surprised to know about you?

9.      Do you have a bucket list? If so, name one thing on it.

10.   How did you choose your children’s names?

11.   If you had $10, 000 extra bucks, what would you do with it?
 
So, ladies and gentlemen, here are the nominees...




 
Have fun! I can't wait to see what everyone writes!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment